Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Emma Sewell's 20 Time Update

"The Piano Project Update"

So far for my project, I have recorded a couple songs and I am currently working on learning the piano to some more. I didn't end up recording the songs with me playing piano but instead used instrumentals because I wasn't happy with the piano alone. I have been using Garage Band to record the music and I am trying to find ways to transfer the music off of it. I have an entire list of songs I would like to cover already. This week, I hope to record an actual video of me performing a song and work on learning as many as I can.

Since my other blog posts aren't showing up (I had this same issue on my own personal blog), to cover what I've been doing in the past weeks, I have basically been doing the same things as I did this week. I have been finding out how to play songs on the piano or how to access instrumentals and recording vocals with the songs. I also had two songs I learned the harmony to, though I only ended up using it on one.

This week, I also began writing a new song, but I only have a little bit of the lyrics and am unsure what direction I'm going to go with the piano instrumental. I've been using both an actual piano and a piano app on my tablet to experiment with the music. I also plan to use Musescore or regular staff paper to create a viola instrumental to be paired with the piano and vocals.

(This is a screenshot of the piano app I've been using. It's very basic, but gives a general idea on how notes will sound on an actual piano and is very helpful since I can't exactly drag around an actual piano. Each octave that is on a real piano is included in the app, as well, which is very helpful.)

Musescore is a program that allows you to create your own sheet music for basically any instrument. You can use any key signatures, time signatures, notes, dynamics, etc. It is useful because it is a way to keep music you wrote neat and organized, as well as hear what it will sound like.

No comments:

Post a Comment