Thursday, August 20, 2015

Response to 20 time

20 time is a good idea. It gives students the ability to work on a project they want while still being academic. While it does cut down class time it helps us be creative and original. I think that 20 time worked so well at Google because it introduced a free environment for employees to think. I love the idea because we can relax. Without it day after day students are droning on, pushing through their classwork. With 20 time we are given a break where we can be free and imaginative. Do something we love. Academic opportunities like this don't come around very often. That is why I think 20 time is a good idea.

1 comment:

  1. I’m glad that you see the upside to giving students (or employees) some free time to think and imagine! You make some interesting points about Google' s success with this model. Structure is all well and good, but freedom requires dedication, passion, and self-discipline from students in order for them to remain productive. I know you guys are all up for the challenge, and I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
    -Ms. Seiffert

    ReplyDelete